
The latest entry was added by *Caro*, a friend of mine.
It's her poetry - she has her own blog.
I have invited her and other friends to post on my blog whenever they feel like it.
For me, this blog is not so much a means of self-promotion, I would rather like this blog to be something somewhat 'communicative'. That's why I have asked friends of mine to join me and add their own works, thoughts, ideas, photos, ... .
Hopefully, this will be interesting for everyone involved.
Being French-Belgian, Caro usually writes in French. This poem was however translated into Spanish by a friend of hers.
Caro is a long-time friend of mine and we both live in the same town in Germany. I met her almost a decade ago, shortly after she had ended her carreer as a ballet dancer. She had attended ballet school in Antwerp, she later attended the 'Conservatoire de Bruxelles' and she finally moved to "my town" when she was engaged by the dance company of our theater. I met her, because she wanted to take German lessons and so I became her teacher. I think we did 4 or 5 sessions...in the end, we winded up talking about personal stuff and very soon, our somewhat professional relationship turned into a deep friendship.
I attended her wedding a couple of years ago and her daughter's baptism last year.
It's funny how something as banal as language lessons can ultimately turn into something profound and long-lasting.
I lay cards with her once in a while...I normally don't believe in astrology and such; I'm some kind of science buff I guess. But with her, it always works out, although we use the shittiest cards. This is our special thing...I never lay cards on my own or with anybody else and neither does she. This is probably THE THING that makes our friendship unique - apart from a mutual interest in photography, dance and writing.
Friendships are funny, they have a life of their own...they are born, they need to be fed, nourished, taken care of, and sometimes they die; friendships change...they grow, fade, alter...all the time.
I believe that each friend reflects one or several facets of ourselves.
Friends make us complete to some degree, as they often represent something that we would like to be or to have. I admire Caro's dancing...there are only few faculties that I admire as much as the ability to dance - the ability to translate emotions and stories into movements.
At the same time, a friend is something of ourselves that we seek in somebody else; someone to share our thoughts, ideals and interests.
Someone like us and unlike us at the same time...
Each friendship is unique, with unique common interests, unique rituals, unique stories. Friends represent an enormous immaterial wealth, as they complete us, inspire us, critizise us, support us.
A true friend is something without a price tag on...it's the kind of person that you can call at 4 a.m. because you're lost and confused, and it's the kind of person that is unconditionally happy for you when you succeed, and it's someone with whom you share your laughter.
To friendship...

10 comments:
Good friends are hard to find! I have made many friends since I moved to New York City almost 20 (shudder) years ago, but many of those people are no longer my friends for a variety of reasons: Two people died, several moved away, two deteriorated into substance abuse and I decided to sever those friendships...I agree with everything you say here...
Thanx :-)
Well....THAT'S the thing...TRUE friends...there are always loads of people around you while everything is going well, true friends kind of come out of the wood-work when times are shitty.
Pour moi il y'a vraiment rien de plus important que l'amitié. J'ai eu la chance de trouver en 5 amies de VRAI amie !
J'aime les appelées mes "âmes-soeurs" d'amitié. Elles m'amusent, me supportent ( dans les deux sens du terme ), me completent. Enfin sans elles je ne serai rien !
C'est si dur de trouver de vrai ami , on peut dire que j'ai beaucoup de chance.
( je suis l'anonyme française du blog d'emma ;) et je suis venue m'incruster sur ton blog lol )
Bienvenue, Dihya :-)
T'as raison...il est si dur de trouver de vrais amis...tant que tout va bien, t'as le monde de ton côté...mais quand les choses tournent mal, c'est souvent autre chose.
Ma copine Caro (qui a écrit le poème espagnol) est francophone, t'es donc pas la seule francophone sur ce blog :-)
Tu habites où? (Je suis assez curieuse ;-)
En tout cas, t'es la bienvenue
Ah me sent moins seule ! Le blog d'emma est vraiemnt interessant mais je commente rarement et en plus en français c'est beaucoup plus spontané, mais j'ai l'impression que pas mal me comprennent c'est l'essentiel. Et je sent que je vais pas mal squatter ton blog ;)
Et bien je vis dans la banlieu parisienne donc assez chanceuse pas loin de la plus belle ville au monde lol.
Oui j'ai eu de sale periode dans ma vie et elles sont toujours la , c'est là quand reconnais les vrai amis et je suis vraiment fière d'elle et de les avoir.
Bisous et merci pour ce chaleureux acceuil.
De rien!
Paris...la plus belle ville au monde selon les francais, bien sûr ;-)
Vas-y, tu peux squatter mon blog :)
lol je disais ca parce que c'est ce qui se dit mais c'est pas vraiment ce que je pense : je viens d'alger je vis à paris mais je rêve de dublin et depuis peu l'allemagne sa doit être l'effet ARTE ! *Petite parenthèse en mode je raconte ma vie *
Merci, encor une foi ;)
Alger...J'ai jamais visité L'Algérie...j'ai été au Maroc quand j'étais gamine, mais je me souviens à peine.
Oui oui...ARTE...l'Allemagne a des très jolis coins!!
Je comprends/parle un peu de francais...
C'est chouette, Elizabeth :-)
Gawd...I really gotta go to bed now.
PS: I really like your blog...intersting take on things!
Post a Comment