Monday, December 22

Dead cats...

I collected a parcel at the post office the other day, I wasn't completely awake I guess (sleep apnea is all I'm sayin') and the parcel reeked like Hell.

The very FIRST thought that crossed my mind was: 'Oh my God, somebody has sent me a dead cat, or cat excrement...Why, why would anybody do something like that? Is this some prank in poor taste?'...questions, questions, questions...

Turned out, the parcel was from dear friends who live in Northern France...real Ch'tis (Nord-Pas-de-Calais, the upper tip of the French Hexagone).
They had sent me x-mas presents along with a delicious (yet incredibly stinky!) Maroilles-cheese...I swear, it smells like a FULL (!) diaper.
Once I had realized that the parcel was mailed in France, I knew what was inside, hahaha...that was incredibly sweet of them...however, sitting on the bus, with a parcel that smells like a full baby diaper, I almost cursed them for having sent me the cheese...I'm pretty sure that some people thought that I had been shitting my pants prior to getting on the bus...and they sure had a lot of fun with that parcel inside the post office (now that I think of it...maybe that explains the angry, hateful glance of the man behind the counter at the post office...LOL).

PS: If you guys ever get the chance to see the film "Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis" WATCH it!! You'll laugh until you cry...well, I did...maybe because I know some real Ch'tis :-)



At any rate, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, what-ever-you-celebrate and a fantastic NEW Year 2009!
Joyeuses fêtes et bonne année 2009!
Frohes Fest und einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!
Feliz navidad!


X
XX
XXX
XXXX
XXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
X


15 comments:

*Akilah Sakai* said...

LOL!!

Too funny. If it smells bad, I can only assume that the taste is the exact opposite and it's a great cheese.

Hmmm...I must send you something wild & crazy....

Stone said...

Arrgglll...something WILD and CRAZY...arrggglll.......a living cat...argggllll....

*Akilah Sakai* said...

I'm not telling. Just open it at arms length and with latex gloves on...
;)

Stone said...

A skunk perhaps ....shudder, I'm already scared :-) NOT!! LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Love smelly cheese.
Happy Christmas Stone.

Stone said...

Happy Christmas to you too :-)

Joy to the world...lalalala :-)

PS: The cheese IS tasty...it doesn't taste the way it smells...well....a little perhaps, but it's delicious!!

Have you ever tried "Epoisses" Cleo? Hmmmmm...delish!

Anonymous said...

Epoisses no I haven't will try have to go talk soon.

Anonymous said...

I can imagine the faces of the postal clerks and fellow travelers! :)

I will ALWAYS take your movie suggestions straight to my Netflix Queue. Loved everything you've told me to see so far. Thanks.

Happy Holidays to YOU! Love, Kai xo

Stone said...

Thanx Kai!! Happy Holidays to you too!!

There is another movie I'd like to suggest, but I've forgotten the title...I'll find it out....it's another German movie that I loved, I don't know if it has subtitles though...

Have you ever seen "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" by Ken Loach...it was mentioned on another blog - I really liked the movie, it's very very sad indeed, but incredibly educational et the same time.


Talk to you soon, Cleo :)

Stone said...

Found the title: "Fremde Haut" - "Unveiled" in English...it's about a young Persian woman who escapes from Iran because she is gay...she seeks asylum in Germany - but gets refused, she then takes over the identity of a male asylum seeker...it's a great movie, great acting and a very intriguing story!

Nell said...

Merry Christmas, Stone! *hug*

You freaked me out! For a second there I thought someone had actually sent you a dead cat...

Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

Hmm, Stone, do you have enemies who might send you a dead cat?:-0

I love cheese...I tend to eat too much of it when it's around..

Stone said...

***You freaked me out! For a second there I thought someone had actually sent you a dead cat...***

I'm GOOD, aren't I, Jules :)
Did I tell you that I wrote a lot of "Gothic" short stories in my youth, harharhar...


Elizabeth, not that I know, but...you neverrrrrr know (insert funny accent!)...I donno, 'twas a brain fart :)

If you like good cheese, I can recommend some...I lived in France for 2 years, hehe, and now I live close to Luxembourg, Belgium AND France...loads of cheese for me just around the corner!

OH, btw, Jules, I once bought a FANTASTIC cheese in Utrecht...my oh my...that one was divine...an old goat cheese.........ahhhhhhh

Dihya said...

ha ha tu m'as trop fait rire. J'ai jamais gouter ce fromage la , pourtant j'en ai gouter des fromage aux odeurs particulière ^^

" Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis"

C'est une remède contre la mauvaise humeur ce film , il est tendre, drôle en plus Dany boon est un acteur qui me touche enormement avec sa bouille et Kad Merad qui me fera toujours autant rire. Je suis vraiment ravie du grand succés que ce film a eut.

Un film fait avec son coeur.

* On pleure deux fois dans le nord, quand on vient et quand on part.*

Bonne fêtes à toi aussi !! Joyeux noê!! Et une excelente année 2009 !

Stone said...

Le Maroilles est très bon, surtout une flamiche au Marroilles...hmmmm...un délice!
" Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis" - génial! Le film est un grand succès même ici en Allemagne...mais je l'avais vu déjà l'an dernier quand il était sorti en France.

* On pleure deux fois dans le nord, quand on vient et quand on part.*

C'est génial ca...est tellement VRAI...j'adore les Ch'tis...j'ai des amis là-bas...à côté de Valenciennes...ils ont un grand coeur les Ch'tis!!!

Joyeuses fêtes à toi aussi et ta famille et bonne année 2009!!!