Sunday, April 26
To friendship...
I believe that things happen for a reason, that we meet certain people for a reason...
People who inspire us (like my linguistics prof for instance), people who support us when times are tough, people with whom we share a bit of our path.
Some stay for good, others walk with us for a while...
Yet - whether they stay for good or just for a short while - they leave their traces in our hearts and they ultimately make our lives richer.
Sometimes, the reason why certain things happen, becomes evident only in retrospect, and so many things in my life make sense only in hindsight.
And there are so many people that I met just when I needed them.
One should always try to surround oneself with positive people...people who are worth your time and effort, people who give you a good feeling in your tummy.
I have worked hard on excluding "toxic" people from my life...you may not be able to choose your relatives, but you can most certainly pick your friends.
If someone continuously gives you a hard time, get RID of that person. If a so-called "friend" is never happy for you, then that person simply isn't your friend...friendship and envy exclude one another - it's that simple.
True friends can be an abundant source of joy and happiness in your life - and their trust is a genuine treasure that is bestowed on us for life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
I'll drink to that ! Bottoms up ! Cheers. . .
Me too
Cheers back at ya guys :)
I'm doing loads and loads of marking today...if my students knew how much I hate this...
PS: As you know, Cleo, YOU inspired that blog post!
Stone,
Read this and shook my head in agreement. Well-said, perfectly said. Everytime you post, it gets my brain buzzing and ... I know this will sound crazy ... but I get quiet and reflect on things in my life. To anyone in my home who walks by, I am merely zoning out again in some fog, but there are actually a million things swirling in my head and I'm not on some distant planet. I'm really thinking hard about stuff.
(We've got another writer on our hands.)
**but I get quiet and reflect on things in my life**
I know exactly what you mean...some things kind of "strike a chord" or something...
It was actually Cleo's post that inspired me to write this...
*you may not be able to choose your relatives, but you can most certainly pick your friends.*
Comment ne pas être d'accord sachant moi-même de quoi tu parles.
Je suis d'accord avec toi, j'aime ton article une Ode à tes amis, et je suis certaine que tu dois être une perle pour tes amis aussi.
Moi les miens me sauve la vie tout simplement, une phrase et un mot un peu trop fort surment mais si vrai.
Every time I make it through what feels like a huge trauma - romantic or work based - when all is said and done, years from the pain, I just can't conjure in my mind the pain itself (I remember it but not how it felt). I genuinely replace it with snapshots of how my friends were there for me and got me through.
There's a Chinese saying that goes: "The past is written with a golden pen" (die Vergangenheit wird mit goldener Feder geschrieben) and that's very true...
As bad as things may have been, in general I remember what was good, positive.
A crisis always has the potential to show you who your friends are...that's at least my experience.
**je suis certaine que tu dois être une perle pour tes amis aussi.**
*grins* - je fais de mon mieux :)
Mes amis sont un peu ma famille...
"You remember the pain but not how it felt".
Yeah like the pain of child birth. If you remebered, you'd never do it again.
It must be a survival thing.
The past is written in a golden pen, thats so true.
"I genuinely replace it with snapshots of how my friends were there for me and got me through."---
Mmmm, I like that! It's a very good way to go about it.
Cleo, that's so true about birth.
I totally agree with you - I've discarded 'friends' and family over the years and despite a twinge or two of occasional regret I know that I did the right thing. Some people just do not appreciate a good friend and take advantage - why should we put up with it?
One of my closest friends died a couple of weeks ago and this made me immediately think of Jolie. Close friends really are the most precious treasures in life. I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. Thank you Stone. xo
Kai,
I'm so sorry about your friend...
Sorry I haven't been in touch for a while, but things went a bit crazy down here.
Yeah, friends can be an anchor, a life-boat, a bullet-proof vest...they're my family, basically...
I'm truly sorry for your loss...
I'll email you soon.
Take care, lots of love and positive thoughts from my neck of the woods, Kai!
You're quite right FF, why should we put up with people who don't appreciate our presence/existence?!
That's plain masochistical...I don't need a fricking star of death in my life...no one does.
That's why one really has to stay away from the kind of people that suck the marrow out of you.
Post a Comment