Friday, May 21

Farewell to a friend...


"And at night you will look up at the stars. My star will be one of the stars, for you. And so you will love to watch all the stars in the heavens...they will all be yours. And when your sorrow is comforted, you will be content that you have known me."

I am very glad that I have known you...thank you for everything...for every act of kindness, for every meal we shared together, for every inspirational discussion about linguistics that we had, for offering me some kind of home during my first weeks in Lyon and for always keeping your doors open for me...

Sleep tight and God bless you...adieu...



3 comments:

Akilah Sakai said...

My deepest sympathies to you, Petra, and also to Martina's family and friends. Stay strong.

Stone said...

Thanks so much Akilah!
You know, it's not so much about me...I am just so endlessly sorry for her...and for her loved ones...how awful this must be for them...so awful.

Thanks for your kind words, love...

Anonymous said...

I hope you're well P. Love C