Tuesday, September 2

to my father...




My father died of ALS in 2004. For anyone who is interested, I posted the link to the ALS-Association underneath (see label).
The text below is dedicated to him...

9 comments:

Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

Stone,
I'm sorry you lost your father.
I really like your black and white photography!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment :-) I LOVE photography...my favorite hobby!

The post underneath the photo is some type of "assiciative writing" blog - if that's the word...I wrote whatever came out of my fingertips...without thinking about it...it was kind of carthathic.

Anonymous said...

"associative writing"...argglll :-)

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful Stone. There is no end to this kind of love. Kai

Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

I hope you don't mind if I spam your blog briefly stone, but I wanted to tell you and others I put out another issue of the poetry ezine/website I started. It's at:
www.eatapeachpoetry.com
I'm interested in feedback on the poems. Also submissions!

Anonymous said...

:-) Tsk tsk tsk...

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

could you post "DIETER’S SOLILOQUY" on my blog perhaps...it's brilliantly funny :-)
(You know I had this idea of this blog being communicative, yada yada yada...:-)
Plus...do you think I could use this one for my A-level English class...it's something contemporary and something they can - for now at least - relate better to than to Shakespeare.

Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

sure, I'm flattered:

DIETER’S SOLILOQUY

To eat or not to eat, that is the question.
A doughnut, yeasty, airy I’ll consume;
adjust my diet later to make room,
or falsely reject pastries’ sweet delight
while bingeing pasta deep into the night?
Doughnut, thou art satisfying, sweetly
filling morsel, savored now discreetly—
perhaps a little midday’s sugar craving
is better solaced, hunger I’ll be staving
off, resisting better night time craves.
‘Tis better, easier to have the faves;
by portions small on calories I’ll save,
and skip on other dishes that don’t taste
as sweet and crispy, but go straight to waist.

Anonymous said...

Listen, I'll post it on the "front page" over the weekend - under your name of course!!...and I'll use it at some point (maybe in the summer semester) for my A-level class if I may :-)