Monday, October 27

Messages from the 'Other World'...


My computer mouse took its first unmanned flight today...the subsequent touch down was rather rough and I'll have to buy a new one now :)
That leads me to the question...do things have a soul? Is the computer mouse sad now that she's broken?
While I was sitting behind my computer screen tonight, I heard a funny sound in my kitchen...like breaking glass...when I had a look, everything was in its place...nothing was moved or broken. This reminds me of a story that my grand-mother told me once (my grand-uncle confirmed the story later)...After the death of my great-grand-mother, my grand-mother - who was twelve at the time - and her older brother, my grand-uncle, went to see their mother as she was lying in state in the living room. My grand-uncle said a little prayer and quietly asked their mother to give them a sign...he had just ended his prayer when the glasses and the china in the cupboard made a terrible noise, as if they were breaking into pieces. My grand-mother and my grand-uncle, both terrified, charged out if the living room. When they went back later to see if anything was broken, everything was in its place, fully intact...
I made a couple of similar experiences after my grand-mother's death...lights that acted funny, noises, curtains that moved without even the slightest breeze...
I have spoken with a lot of people who have made similar experiences. Without being completely un-scientific, one cannot simply dismiss these stories...there is more to our existence than the material world - epecially if you have a look at quantum physics. Within the workings of the micro cosmos our material world is just an illusion...


6 comments:

Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

stone, did you...throw your computer mouse across the room?

Anonymous said...

ahem............yessss.........blush.....the shame.........I know, I know.........
No, wait, it actually WANTED to fly...honestly...sometimes you just gotta let them try things and stuff...the floor was too hard...that's all...LOL

Anonymous said...

One can't simply dismiss anything, I don't think. Call me crazy but I believe we only have a tiny understanding of what's really going on all around us, all the time. In a strange way that gives me hope. But, I believe the ghost of my dead dog sleeps in the doorway leading to my bedroom to protect me so do with all that what ya will. I'm a believer Stone!

Stone said...

**I believe we only have a tiny understanding of what's really going on all around us**

I couldn't agree more! And it's not being unscientific - if you deal with science (quantum physics etc) you have to acknowledge that the idea that we have of the world, of this universe, is quite false...nothing is as it seems...at least on a sub-atomic level...matter is energy and energy is matter...simply put.

*Akilah Sakai* said...

Things like that terrify me big time! I know some stuff is supposed to be signs from a loved one that they are near, but it still frightens me.

Stone said...

It's kind of scary, I know...but I'm used to it to some degree LOL :)