Wednesday, November 5

YES, YOU COULD AMERICA!


I woke up in the wee small hours of this truly historical morning and I realized that...


Compassion has indeed beaten fear, that diversity has indeed beaten division, that intelligence has beaten arrogance, and that hope has beaten hate.

Congrats America! What a magnificent outcome! Yes, you could, America! Who would have expected this outcome six months ago!
What a landslide victory - a victory that is the very epitome of hope.

6 comments:

Dihya said...

Ah j'ai été reveiller par le texto d'une amie qui m'annoncer que ce Grand homme etait president !!
Quel Joie !!!!

Bravo à L'Amerique !!!!!

*Akilah Sakai* said...

It's an amazing thing...just so amazing!!

Nell said...

I was angry that I was on a plane while the results came in so I couldn't follow it and stay up all night for it as I always do... and I was surprised that nothing around me made apparent what had happened. We should be dancing around!

This is a victory not only simply against the abuse that's been done by the Republicans, it is also a victory over the racial issues. We're not nearly there yet, but we are getting there. God bless America!

Stone said...

***It's an amazing thing...just so amazing!!***

Yes, it is, Akilah...I'm so utterly happy!!! You cannot imagine how relieved and delighted I am...this is yet another "political" miracle that gives me hope...just like the liberation of Nelson Mandela and his becoming president of a country that had had him in "chains" for 27 years...God, I'm really crying!

Thanx America for this sign of hope!

Anonymous said...

It's such an amazing day! I had lunch today with a couple of friends and we all ended up in tears. I'm completely thrilled with our new First Family! It's also exciting to see how excited people OUTSIDE the U.S. are over Obama's election.

Stone said...

***It's also exciting to see how excited people OUTSIDE the U.S. are over Obama's election.***

Absolutely Kai, it's a global happening that I can only compare to the day the Berlin Wall came down...these events give people hope...everywhere.