Friday, December 5
Shit, I got tagged...:-)
Say something...say something...say SOMETHING! Shit, what can I say...six secrets, six interesting things about my (*dashing* LOL) personality...think...think...THINK...
OK OK...here I go...
1) Major teenage crush - John Lennon (not very usual, considering the fact that John Lennon wasn't among the living anymore when I started having a MAJOR crush on him)
2) I once threw my baby brother down the staircase during a fight - he played "dead" on the floor and gave me a massive shock (because of which I almost 'killed' him subsequently).
3) I almost had something published at the age of 13 (almost doesn't count, does it...:)
4) My first boyfriend was nine years older than me (I was 16, he was 25)...the age gap between us was one of the reasons it didn't work out in the long run.
5) My best teenage friend suffered from schizophrenia...she was my very best friend and just like my first boyfriend, she has left indelible marks in my heart.
6) I had a crush on my Irish (ex-) colleague...he had a girlfriend - of course! But since, I've had a "soft spot" for the Irish...'Grand! tanks, Dan!' (Gawd...I hope he'll never see this LOL)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
Thanks for doing the tag, Stone!
Possibly published at 13?! That's excellent! You must be very proud of your 13 year old self still. I am not shocked at all. You're a very clever woman.
Irish guys, huh? Does that mean that you are actually a Colin Farrell fan too? Come on, admit it.
Why are you awake by the way? Isn't it like 3 am in Germany?
I have a huge crush on John Lennon. A gorgeous pencil drawing of him hangs over my desk. He inspires me.
If you were only here, I would take you to the little Irish pub that I love. Lots of adorable Irish men there. I have my eye on one in particular ... going there later tonight. Wish me luck!
Irish men can be absolutely great they tend to have strong bonds with their mums and so if they are a good man can make great boyfriends.
However, there is another breed of Irish man the selfish mans, man tend to love alcohol and football not as a catch.
Thanx Akilah...it was some type of thriller I was writing on...a friend of our neighbors' really really liked it and thought that one could actually do something with it...the thing is...I never finished it. There was FAR TOO much shit going on in my life...not much room for "literature"...the guy kept asking for my story - even years later...thanx mom!
It wasn't THAT late, Elizabeth...
Funny you should mention CF...I met Dan (my Irish ex-colleague) in 2005 - and in all honesty - he was one of the NICEST people I've ever had the pleasure to meet.
Open-minded, generous, incredibly funny, out-going, MODEST (!), 'great craic'!
Dan put Ireland on the map for me...not that I wasn't interested beforehand, but ever since having known Dan, I've so wanted to visit Ireland one day, because I kept thinking 'Jesus, if the Irish are only *half* as nice as Dan, then they must be a heck of a nice bunch of people.'
At any rate, Dan thought of himself as being VERY UNIRISH...the thing is...he drank a lot of beer (was never wasted though!), cursed a LOT and whenever he threw a party, we winded up *singing*...can't get MORE IRISH THAN THAT in my book LOL.
At any rate...Dan kept mentioning this Irish comedian (whose name keeps slipping me...Billy Connolly, Connelly...whatever)...he always declared how hilarous said guy was but constantly failed to show me any of this comedian's brilliant work...but of course...he kept ASKING...week after week...and after one year, I still didn't know who that comedian guy was - and Dan sure kept mentioning his name.
At any rate...he once said that 'yes, he DID CURSE a lot...but that Colin Frrrrrgglll-something really over-did it.'
Colin...Frrrrr...aha...ok Dan...just another one of your *mysterious Irish comedians*...after he had repeated his sentense "Colin Farrell really over-does it!" like three times, I finally understood the name - but I still didn't the Hell know who Dan was talking about (I should perhaps mention that this was in 2006! LOL)...it was only after "The New World" had come out in France that I realized that the guy Dan had mentioned wasn't some comedian, but obviously some actor...LOL...
I hadn't a clue that CF existed until mid 2006...in retrospect, looking at his tabloid exploits ahem...I must have lived under a rock - as Dan naturally assumed that I knew exactly WHO he was talking about...I didn't LOL :-)
Dan will always have a place in my heart - not because of that little crush, but because of the fact that he is a fantastic guy!!
Kai, how was the pub :-)
And Cleo...you have a brother..dontcha LMAO :-)
PS: Akilah...that neihbor's friend was a writer/playwright who'd also written a lot of screenplays for TV...too bad in hindsight...
neighbor's....arrgglll...spell as you write LOL...NOT!! :-)
Are you still friends with your schizophrenic friend?
I have a friend who has a mental illness. To be honest, it is starting to get a bit much for me. She isn't taking the right meds; I told her to talk to her doctor, but she didn't.
13 ans la classe !! ^^
C'est interessant tout ca ca permet une certaine proximité sur le net !
16 / 25 ans c'est clair que ce doit dure à gerer.
Irish crush moi j'aurai toujours une passion pour les celtes ^^ Ca me fascine surtout de voir des ressemblances dans les domaines musicaux , langue entre berbères et celtique. enfin la je m'eloigne... lol
Yes I do Stone, but he's married. I know a Dan from Cork, it's not him is it?
Liking the confessions, Stone!
I'm sure you'll have a thing or two to add on some of my upcoming blogs, then ;)
Thank you for sharing.
Friends with mental illness can be so difficult, not because there's something wrong with them but because they won't let you help them most of the time. And you can't. They need to help themselves.
**Yes I do Stone, but he's married. I know a Dan from Cork, it's not him is it?**
Cleo, the Dan I know *is* from Cork....if you know him I'l FEAK OUT!!! Daniel Ryan?!
I'll be back later today...thanx Dihya, JR and Elizabeth...I'll get back to you tonite :-)
Elizabeth,
No, I'm not friends with her anymore...she was still in her teens when she had committed her 2nd suicide attempt, she had to stay in a mental institution for a year and after that stay, it wasn't the same anymore...she wasn't the same anymore...we grew apart.
Merci Dihya!
Des resemblences entre la culture celtique et la culture berbères...ca m'intrigue...explique-moi en quoi ca consiste, c'est vraiment intéressant!
***I'm sure you'll have a thing or two to add on some of my upcoming blogs, then ;)***
What are you suggesting Jules :-)
Regarding mentally ill friends...you know, the crazy thing is that she didn't seem ill at all in my book...she had a lot of imagination, but for me, she was perfectly normal...why ever.
Pour commencer je suis née à Alger en Algérie, ma mère est kabyle ( les berbère d’Algérie ), elle a souvent eut une très forte attirance envers le peuple irlandais, elle m’a transmis cette passion, ma passion a grandis au point d’en faire des recherches, je voulais comprendre et en cherchant j’ai trouver beaucoup de similitude tant dans le domaines du caractère deux peuples aux fortes identités , mais aussi dans la musique et dans la langues ( ce qui me fait penser à Fellag qui plaisante souvent en appelant la langue kabyle, du breton algérien ) surtout les noms. Beaucoup de prénoms celtique ont des significations berbère et inversement. J’ai beaucoup écouté du Idir en guise de musique berbère ainsi que Djura et certaine musique les plus douce en particulier celle qui ne sont pas faite pour la fête lol qui ressemble beaucoup à la sonorité celtique, bretonne exactement, je te laisse quelque son :
A vava inouva – Idir : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=JCpc7ch4nd4
Zaho feat Idir - Tout Ce Temps : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=1wXnuVLzLWE
Djur DJURA : http://www.myspace.com/djurdjura ( la chanson se nomme Unis-vers-elles )
Beaucoup de kabyle en France épouse des bretons ^^ (c’est anecdotique)
Il y’a pas vraiment d’explication sur ces ressemblance tout le monde y va de son hypothèse. Les Bretons et Berbères ont connu une histoire similaire dans le contexte de la fin de l'Empire romain, ainsi il a existé un équivalent berbère du roi Arthur : la Kahîna (ou Dihya d’ou mon pseudo), princesse des Aurès qui combattit l'invasion musulmane dans les années 690.
Je ne sais pas à quel moment mais je suis intimement certaine qu’on a une origine commune cela expliquerai les celtes qui ont un types méditerranéen ou les berbère qui sont blond aux yeux bleu.
Voila en gros et je cherche toujours à comprendre ^^
***la langue kabyle, du breton algérien***
Etant linguiste, je trouve ca HYPER intéressant, mais hyper intéressant...est-ce que tu peux me donner des exemples (des mots communs)?
Un passé commun...pourquoi pas!! Il est fortement possible que d'autres langues ont eu une forte influence sur les langues celtiques. Il y a pas mal de Suèbes (une tribu germanique!!) qui se sont installés an Afrique du nord...les peuples ont migré tellement, en plus ils ont toujours marchandé...c'est fort possible je trouve.
T'as pas envie d'en faire un doctorat ou un livre.
Ca m'intrigue énormenent!!
Ah je suis ravie de trouver quelqu'un qui ne me trouve pas dingue , rhoo comme quoi je suis entouré d'esprit etriqué lol
Parce qu'on me prend souvent pour une dingue quand on voit l'ecart geographique des deux peuples.
Pour les mots commun il faudrait que je te retrouve ca mais pour le moment c'est surtout des prenoms que j'ai trouver qu'on avait en commun. Je ne parle malheureusement pas le berbère ( au grand desespoir de ma grand mère lol )donc j'ai souvent besoin de l'aide de ma mère. quelque exemple de prenom :
Malachy prenom irlandais qui veut dire dans ma langue 'mon ange' ( même signification en hébreu aussi ce qui est normal il y'a une partie berbère qui est juive ^^)
Enfin soite il faut vraiment que je retrouve tout ca. je te tiendrai au courant au gré de mes trouvailles.
Doctorat ou livre ?? Ouh la je ne sais pas je n'ai pas vraiment de talent d'ecriture :s
*y a pas mal de Suèbes (une tribu germanique!!) qui se sont installés an Afrique du nord...*
Tu m'apprend quelque chose là , je ne savais pas du tout c'est vraiment passionnant tout ca. Ca me rappel mon arrière grand père qui etait partis faire son service militaire en Allemagne, avant la premiere guerre mondial et il s'etait vraiment trouver en phase et en admiration devant le peuple allemand.
***Ah je suis ravie de trouver quelqu'un qui ne me trouve pas dingue***
Je te trouve pas du tout dingue! C'étaient parfois les théories les plus dingues qui nous ont poussé plus loin.
Par rapport au nom Malachy, c'est peut-être pas si étrange que ca...considerant que c'est un nom hébreu, il était probablement dispersé par le chrétianisme...et les Irlandais sont devenus chrétiens relativement tôt, donc ca m'étonnerait pas trop, si le nom avait été introduit en Irlande très tôt, même dans l'époque romaine, par des Romains chrétiens...et comme l'arabe et le hébreu ont des racines communes...
Est-ce que tu as d'autres exemples? Ca m'intéresse vraiment...et comme je suis linguiste...:-)
Joyeuses fêtes!! Et bonne année 2009!!
Post a Comment