Tuesday, January 27












































London (Docklands, City Hall), Lyon (spiral staircase/Vieux Lyon), Canterbury (Canterbury Cathedral), Berlin (the Reichstag/Dome and Sony Center).



31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos! The last one looks like a space ship to me. I like the black and white. Good to "see" you.
Kai xo

Stone said...

Hey Kaiiiii...

I was thinking of you today...about to write you an email (will do so in a minute!)...how are you?

The last one is a pic of the Dome of the "Reichstag-building" in Berlin.
It's where our national assembly (the "Bundestag") resides.

I love black and white too...still plan on buying that expensive camera...'cos this is just a 5 mega pixel compact camera (Nikon Coolpix)

*Akilah Sakai* said...

Eye-catching, gorgeous pics dahling.

You plan to buy one of those Digital SLR-type cameras where you can pop on different lenses?

Hey Kai!!

Stone said...

Kai,

That email keeps bouncing back...do you have a new addy?

Stone said...

Thanks, Akilah :)

***Digital SLR-type cameras***

Yep, EXACTLY, Ma'am...that's what I intend to buy...a semi-pro one though (you can invest thousands for a pro-gear)...possibly a CANON EOS 400 or something (maybe the 350...that will probably do and it's cheaper - besides, I don't really need 'live-view' I've noticed).

*Akilah Sakai* said...

And when you finally do buy it, wrap it up nicely with a pretty bow, unwrap it and act shocked. You'll have a good laugh.
;)

Stone said...

LOL...will do so :-)

*Akilah Sakai* said...

Because I'm slightly mental, I've actually done that before...more than once...and it really cracked me up. In my book, laughter is very good for you.

Stone said...

You're a *nutter*...but hey, so am I :-)

Laughter is medicine...humor is my safety-net, my life-boat, my bullet-proof vest...

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have to set up a whole new google account. Don't ask. I had another blonde moment. Like today, my friend left her cell phone at my apartment and rushing to tell her this before she drove too far away, I called ... her cell phone ... which of course rang from my other hand ... there were others in the room. It was ugly. But, anyway, I'll get my email sorted out soon.

What kind of camera are you looking at? I love my Nikon.

These pictures look even better the second time. Which camera did you use for these?

Kai xo

Nell said...

I want to go to Canterbury! I cannot believe I've never actually been there.

The London docklands are wonderful, a friend of mine lives in an area not too far from it and when the weather's good we sit by the Thames. Not too close, though. Deep water.

Nell said...

Oh and as always - great pictures!

Stone said...

Tsk tsk tsk, Kai :)

LOL...you called her on her cell...that could have been *me*...LOL.

The camera I used for these pics was indeed a Nikon (Nikon Coolpix L3, 5 Megapixels)...I'm looking at a Canon EOS...my brother (the pro) has a Canon and I took photos with a Canon EOS 350 (400?) on New Year's Eve - it was the camera of a friend of a friend :)
It was divine...the Nikon is more "handy" for my tiny hands...so, I'm not sure yet.

What kind of camera do you have?

Stone said...

Canterbury is beautiful! Really worth a trip...and I know a fantastic BB there...:)

Nelleke, deep water can really suck...especially if you're a shitty swimmer like myself LOL.

Dank je wel, btw.

Anonymous said...

I have a Nikon D40. It's supposed to be the most user friendly SLR for non-pros. I love it.

Hi Akilah! I've been reading you.

Kai xo

Stone said...

I think that's the one I had in my hand...it's more "handy" than the Canon...
How do the pics work out?

Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

I have a Canon EOS. It's an old film camera. It takes pretty good pictures.

I enjoy your fascination with geometric shapes. They show beauty in order. Also the lighting.

Stone said...

***I enjoy your fascination with geometric shapes.***

Shit, you blew my cover, Elizabeth :)
You're absolutely right...that's one of the things I find the most fascinating...interestingly, my brother makes very very similar photos...it has to be something genetic - the way you "see" things. We had 4 (or even 5) painters in our family, I guess that's where our "perception" stems from.

Thanks so much for your compliment!

I wonder how my pics will look like with an expensive camera...'cos this is just a banal layman's compact camera.

Dihya said...

J'aime toujours autant tes photos, je ne serais choisir ma favorite.

Je suis fasciner par les lieu de culte. J'aime beaucoup celle de la cathédrale, j'entre souvent dans des Eglises et autre... Je trouve ça beau. Il y'a une nouvelle mosqué qui vient d'ouvrir ces portes pas loin de chez moi et elle est sublime je penserai à la photographié.

Dihya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stone said...

Oui...est mets la photo sur ton blog s.t.p. :)

Moi aussi, j'aime entrer dans des cathédrales...elles ont souvent une espèce d'energie...celle de Metz par exemple...

Dihya said...

Ah oui ne t'en fais pas je la mettrais sur mon blog.

Oui une energie comme tu dis.

Anonymous said...

Stone
I don't think you realise how talented you are.

Why don't you frame and try and sell these photos?

There's a photographer here in Dublin Giles Norman . He sells black and white landscape portraits for 250 euro.

I know you do it for love but it would be nice to get money as well.

What you thinking sister?

Stone said...

Oh Cleo, you don't realize how much your words mean to me :)
I would so love to make some money with my pics...not for the money, but for the *recognition* if you know what I mean (isn't that what we all "lust after" *grins*)...
The problem with these pics is that they were taken with a layman's compact camera - 5 megapixels...they look nice while they're small...I cannot blow them up to a reasonable size though.
I don't think anybody would want to buy them being that tiny...

That's one part of the "problem"...the other is part it...'arrgll...who am I to think that anybody would want to buy this stuff'...little voice, you know.
I'd love to have my brother's chuzpa!

*Akilah Sakai* said...

"I'd love to have my brother's chuzpa!"

Well, call him up and ask to borrow some! ;)
You really have talent and never know who'd want to buy it till you stick your neck out there. When you get the better camera and the photo enlargements maintain their great detail, look into it. You never know!

Anonymous said...

Stone
Please buy a good camera. Make it your project for this year. Put it to the top of your to do list. My husband bought a second hand Nikon on e-Bay maybe thats an option.

Look I think that this is your passion. Some people live their whole lives without that. It would be a shame not to try.

What do you have to lose?

I'll tell you what if you buy a good camera. I'll buy your first photo and hang it with pride in my home. That's my promise to you.

You're not going to believe this but word verification is MICES. In light of my recent blog I think you'll agree it's a little freaky.

Stone said...

MICES...ooohhh..this is the *Twilight Zone* Cleo :)

Actually, I already had the intention to buy THAT camera last year (I had thought of buying it before Christmas)...at the very latest I will buy it for my 40 th bd on the 31st of May :)

Jesus....what an encouragement, Cleo...arglll...look...buy one, get one for free...LOL :)
I'm really shitty when it comes to selling stuff...even asking for money for my language classes was something I found tough...I did in the end, but it always was an inner struggle...I'm SO not a business person - unlike my bro, who is.

I have nothing to lose...you're absolutely right...I might even try to sell some online...even for fricking postcards...

I don't want you to pay for one...maybe if I have it framed...for the expenses...I'll make you a good offer...see how shitty my business sense is...

But thanks SO much for your encouragement and that offer, Cleo...it means a world to me :)

PS: If you ever want somebody to read your drafts...here I am...I would really love to read you.
I'm not the boot-licking-type, but in all honesty, I LOVE the way you write...
I'd DEFINITELY DEFINITELY buy your books...short stories, novels...anything...AND...I want a signed copy of your first book.

OK, deal, YOU do that writing thingy and I do that photo thingy!
ZERO to lose!

Thanx!

*Akilah Sakai* said...

And speaking of signed copies, Stone, I will search high and low through this blog for that post where you said I'd get a signed copy, plus authenticity letter, of your 1st photo book.

;)

Anyway, do sign me up as a potential buyer of your prints as well once you start.

Stone said...

You *will*, you WILL, Akilah :-)

Ok...hey...I have TWO customers already! Ha! That's a pretty good start...considering that I don't even have that fricking camera yet LOL ;)

*Akilah Sakai* said...

LOL!

You're in demand baby!

"No paparazzi! Dame Stone is here!"

Stone said...

LMAO!