Tuesday, February 3

Nederland...


When I think of the Netherlands, I think WATER...there is no other place I know where water is the domineering element.



























































































26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having a really busy day. These photos have calmed me.Thank you.

Stone said...

:-)

Well...you're *MOST* welcome :-)

Take care!!!

*Akilah Sakai* said...

Gorgeous!

I didn't know you've been there. Everywhere you go, you can find beauty...

Nell said...

Yup, that's where I'm pretty much from. Someday someone should ask themselves why "In Bruges" couldn't be "In Holland" :-P I mean I am in no way nationalistic (in fact I've been planning to get out of here since I was TINY) but yeah, the sights are pretty. Utrecht, where I live now, has all the canals and the old buildings and the cobbed streets, too.

Perhaps my inexplicable enstrangement from my country of origin has to do with the fact that, like you said, it's a water country. When the sea level rises we're fucked! We're below sea level and the country is covered in rivers and canals.

Beautiful pictures, Stone :-) thanks so much for sharing!

Stone said...

Oh, the Netherlands are beautiful...been there a couple of times...I have two Dutch friends...one lives in Brussels (BE) though, the other one in Delft.
Thanks to them, I've seen quite a bit of the Netherlands...was in Amsterdam (twice I think), in The Hague (couple of times), Maastricht, Utrecht (Nell-town :), on the beach in Scheveningen and Wassenaar (that's where the prince lives, LOL), in Workum (Friesland)...
And where the pics were taken...the 1st two are shots of Delft (I like the fact that they look old and somewhat old-fashioned...that's why I chose that color), the building that looks like Cinderella's castle is the city hall of Gauda (yep, Gauda as in *gauda cheese* :), the two shots beneath were also taken in Delft (Vermeer-town), the next two pics were shot in Leiden, the one underneath again in Delft (nope, not in Venice!) and the last two pics show the "Kinderdijk"...an agglomeration of at least 25 windmills...it's an absolutely gorgeous sight.

Stone said...

Graag gedaan, Nell!

The Netherlands are really beautiful, but yeah, the rising sea level IS scary as hell...
I have pics of Utrecht too...just haven't uploaded them to my pc yet...my hard drive is over-loaded with pics...need to install my new pc first, but I will post pics of Utrecht some time :)

Stone said...

Graag gedaan, Nell!

The Netherlands are really beautiful, but yeah, the rising sea level IS scary as hell...
I have pics of Utrecht too...just haven't uploaded them to my pc yet...my hard drive is over-loaded with pics...need to install my new pc first, but I will post pics of Utrecht some time :)

Stone said...

Graag gedaan, Nell!

The Netherlands are really beautiful, but yeah, the rising sea level IS scary as hell...
I have pics of Utrecht too...just haven't uploaded them to my pc yet...my hard drive is over-loaded with pics...need to install my new pc first, but I will post pics of Utrecht some time :)

Stone said...

Hahaha..a TRIPLE post...wow...first time I see a triple post hahahahaha :)

Anonymous said...

I love your photos! This place looks magical. Thanks for sharing them. xo

Nell said...

LOL good triple posting :-P

Do post pictures of Utrecht! I'd love that! Oh and don't even start speaking Dutch, want anders begin ik ook, en dan komt er geen einde aan :-P

Anonymous said...

Comme toujours je ne serais dire laquelle je préfère.
Je trouve celle de moulin extraordinaire ^^
J'aime toujours les angles que tu choisis ainsi que la facon dont tu utiliser le noir et blanc.

PERFECT !

Aleta said...

*sigh* I long to travel. Your pictures are calling to my muse. Beautiful.

Stone said...

Merci MILLE fois!!! Ca me fait toujours plaisir d'entendre ton avis sur mes photos :)

Comment vas-tu?

Stone said...

Thanks so much Aleta!

I love travelling...if only I wasn't afraid of flying...that's an incredible restriction...

Thanks :)

Stone said...

Aleta,

I just visited your bead society blog...I love making earings and stuff - with all types of beads...it's a fantastic hobby...

Dihya said...

De rien c'est sincère ^^

Je vais bien mis a par un mal de crane qui revient sans cesse lol mais ca va

Et toi, fais pas trop froid chez toi parce qu'ici moi j'en peut plus de ce froid lol ??

Stone said...

Je commence à en avoir marre! J'en ai marre de l'hiver! J'attends le printemps avec impatience!

T'as des migraines?

Dihya said...

Ah moi aussi j'attend le Printemps j'ai hate de voir la nature renaitre ^^

Oui depuis trois jour, elle ne me lache pas.

Stone said...

C'est chiant! T'as pris des médicaments?
Il faut boire assez d'eau...la plupart des gens ne boivent pas assez...donc, ils ont des maux de tête.
Parfois un café noir très fort peut aider...

Anonymous said...

J'ai passer le premier jour a me gaver d'aspirine et rien. Mais je crois en fait que se sont mes yeux qui me disent qu'il ai temps que je porte mes lunettes lol.
Mais je garde tes conseils ca peut toujours me servir.

Stone said...

:-)

Vas chez l'opticien :-)

BIBI said...

Beautiful pics. You are so lucky to be able to visit such wonderful places. Me, I have to get over my fear of heights if I ever want to go somewhere.

Stone said...

Fear of heights...does that mean that you cannot take the plane? I'm so terribly afraid of flying...I can only go to places that I can reach by train/car...luckily, I live in Europe where distances are relatively small.
Can you cross bridges? I had a friend who couldn't...

Thanks for the compliment!

Indrani said...

These are sooo beautiful shots, Stone! The place is almost calling me! Thanks for your lovely comment at my post! :)

Stone said...

You're most welcome Indrani!!!

I really like your photos...unfortunately, India is very far away from where I live...but isn't it just great that the internet gives us the opportunity to interact and to share...