Wednesday, March 11
Amok, Part Two...
A seventeen-year-old student killed nine fellow students, three teachers (one of them a trainee - like myself) and three passers-by.
The school where the killing took place is situated in the town of Winnenden in Southern Germany (see link)...Winnenden has 28 000 inhabitants...it definitely qualifies as a *small town* by all standarts...
I have NO words...no words at all...I'm just sad beyond words, beyond words...sorry beyond words...for the dead kids - most of them girls - sorry for the killed "colleagues" and for their loved ones...
God bless...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Stone, I heard about this and thought of you immediately. You're my one and only German! xo
This is incredibly sad. Here, it seems we've had another one in Alabama. How awful is it that I'm not shocked when it happens here anymore?
It really is tragic ... the state of the world, the state of a teenager's mind to return the their 'old' school and attack in this way. Long ago, who was truly afraid of their classmate? Of a young person? Do teachers have to fear reprimanding a student now? Sending a student to the principal's office? Will that student seek revenge for things so trivial? What signs were there here when the news says the gunman had already graduated? Why the return?
(Home schooling looks so good now ... but why should they have to stay home and away from friends?)
I'm so glad to hear you are okay.
Stone
I'm so sorry, I know this will have a huge effect on all teachers and students alike.
His old school. Why?
Hi there Kai,
I'm safe and sound - still, this is simply horrendous...something's got to give...something's got to change...NOW!
What does this say about the world we live in...
I heard about Alabama - yeah, it seems almost banal...yet, I'm shell-shocked because school should be a place of innocence...bright futures...not death...
***Do teachers have to fear reprimanding a student now?***
In all honesty, Akilah, that's what's gonna happen in the long run should this continue.
You already have parents who sue teachers and schools for better grades and such...maybe this is the price you have to pay for an over-individualized society where self-realization *at all costs* - if necessary on the expenses of others (corporate greed for instance being on of the symptoms of said disease) - is the one and only credo...where "thy, thyself and thy" is far more important than the "us"...
*Why*...Cleo, good question...we simply haven't a clue...
Where did he get the gun?
His father is member of a gun club...it seems that the gun cabinet wasn't locked or something...
OMG Stone are you okay? It is tragic that kids have turned to violence to settle disagreements and feel that revenge is the necessary course of action. What are we teaching our children? What is it that the teachers are missing? The parents? The society as a whole?
I would never condone violence, but you have to think "what was so troubling to this 17 year old that he had to take such desperate measures?"
In light of the tragedy, I will pray for the loved ones of the victims.
Take care stone!
God Bless!
Thanks BIBI...fortunately the school wasn't anywhere near my school...yet, it hits close to home as I can see my own students in them...I'm still beyond sad.
Thanks for your concern guys, thanks a bunch!
Mon dieu j'ai vu cela au info hier soir, quel tragedie et quel de monde de fou. J'arrive pas à comprendre ce qui anime ces gens à faire se genre de chose. Je pense à ces etudiants à leur familles à ces professeurs. J'ai pas de mot.
J'espère que tu vas bien en tout cas.
**J'ai pas de mot.**
Oui, c'est ca...j'ai pas de mots...il y a rien à dire, parce que c'est même pas concevable...c'est aussi incompréhensible que le Holocaust, les champs de guerre etc.
Quelle horreur c'était pour les gens impliqués là-dedans...
Post a Comment