
Came home tonight...drove down the hills (my Dutch friends would probably call them *mountains*) that surround the valley...and there was this velvet sky.
I love that...the twilight between the day that slowly disappears and the night that slowly claims dominion over the world.
Soft and beautiful, the air was crisp and you could smell a hint of cold winter night. I had to think of long evenings, falling leaves, hot chocolate, knitted wool socks and a good book...there are times when I love the winter...

5 comments:
Is it already winter where you are? Here it isn't and never will be. I love this photo so much. White sky, white ground and the trees leaning hard together. It looks like a dance. I miss the seasons changing so much. Give me trees on fire with orange, red, purple and yellow leaves followed some time later by exactly this - the end that brings a new beginning. Nothing but summer is not a good thing. That's L.A. Always young and foolish. More photos ... please. ;)
Hi there Kai,
I love this pic too...took it in the Pilat mountains in France. The weather was insane that day...it was late April (!) and it had been really sunny and warm in Lyon - and when we arrived there it was misty, snowing and all of a sudden the wind started to blow like grazy...we almost got lost because you suddenly couldn't see your own feet anymore.
It's not wintery here yet...but it's almost November...the leaves are multi-colored and they start falling off the trees.
The air is fresh and we've already had some frosty mornings...
I couldn't bear constant summer....some people can ;)
I hate the winter, the cold. I don't mind postcard picture-worthy snow on the trees and on the ground before cars turn it to brown slush. I just hate being cold.
But.
When you put it this way ... dammit! ... I think I can relate to the beauty of the changing seasons a lot more. Autumn is positively gorgeous and I do love hot cocoa. ;-)
Magnifique ! On en oublirait presque à quel point l'hiver peu être rude.
See Akilah...gotcha...I'll make you LOOOOOOVE *da winterrr* LOL...but hey, it can be beautiful and it's just a question of the right clothing - that's what my Canadian friend kept saying...if people say they're cold, they're wearing the wrong outfit LOL.
Cou cou Dihya :)
ca va ma chère? Je vais recommencer à poster sur mon blog...je trouve FB hyper superficiel parfois...
Merci!!! Je vais en poster encore plus ;)))
Post a Comment